Friday, May 1, 2009

More new Eats!!

Well lunch yesterday was a Black Bean and Zucchini Quesadillas. This one was not quite as good as some of the others ones I have tried. I don't think it had quite as much flavor so I think I will attempt to try it again and up the seasoning in it.
The Quesadillas had black beans, zucchini, green onion, cumin, chili powder, lime, 1 oz of low fat cheese. I haven't given up on this one I just think I like a lot more flavor.

I stopped by the library and pick up quite a few new books. I love cook books! I had a hard time controlling myself. I am eager to look them over and try some more new things. Here is just gone of the books I picked up.



I had strength training today and I have to have a quick easy snack to have after. So I packed some more soy nuts with raisins. This snack is so quick and easy, gotta love that!! I did 45 minutes of cardio and then ran to the store to search for more La Tortilla Tortillas. I have been frustrated because every where I go they have run out of the little ones! But I was successful and found them at a store near the gym! I was so happy! I just love those tortillas and they are loaded with fiber and very low in calories. I eat these quite often.

I was eager to give this recipe a try tonight. I had everything prepared the night before which made for an even easier prep time for dinner. I called hubby one the way home to see if he could turn the oven on so I could pop the butternut squash in when I got home. This was quite interesting choice of seasoning and tastes but I did like it. This one was Sage-Butternut Squash Pilaf. The interesting ingredient was the Sage. It was good and I would have it again.
Had a great day of new eats and the plan is going well. My trainer said I was looking leaner today and that means a lot to me. He has an eye for it and he can just tell my looking at me what I have been up to. This gives me more confidence to continue on this path that I have chosen for myself. I am enjoying the journey.




No comments: