Thursday, May 14, 2009

Honey, Pear and Almond Muesli

Good Morning! The sun is shining and the sky is clear no forecast of rain today. YAH!! I had a great bowl of Muesli this morning. If you have never tried it you have to give it a try. What is nice about it is that I prepared it last night and it was ready to eat this morning. Great breakfast option for people that have to get up in the morning and head off to work. Muesli is uncooked oats with fruit and nuts.



1/2 cup rolled oats

1/2 cup skim or soy milk (I used almond breeze)

1/2 small pear, chopped

1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted

1 teaspoon honey



Mix raw oats with milk. Stir in pear, almonds and honey. Let sit 10 minutes or over night in the refrigerator.



299 calories, 6g fat, 52g carbohydrates, 12g protein, 7g fiber.


Recap of yesterday eats. First picture is of dinner. I had bought some bulgur when I was at the store and was eager to give it a try. Bulgur is also referred to as cracked wheat. This wheat berries which are cracked into smaller pieces. Bulgur has the same nutrition and nutty taste (but not the same firm, hardy texture) as wheat berries, but it takes only fifteen minutes to cook. This recipe was called Lentil and Feta Bulgur and Broccoli. It was a little hard to taste the bulgur since it was a smaller amount than the lentils. It was quite tasty. The recipe included: Bulgur, lentils, broccoli, fresh dill, feta cheese and lemon juice.
My original plan for yesterday lunch was not this salad. But I failed to take a pita out of the freezer so I plan on having that for lunch today. This is one of my favorites and I had everything in the house to make it. This salad is SO good. Apple, Fennel and Pistachio Salad. Yummy!!
The scale has been holding steady and I have to admit I have had a little bit harder time staying away from the snack the last few days. But I am so proud of myself that I have been able to keep it in control. This is a big one for me. Normally I would start the snacking and not be able to stop. I am making progress and for that I am so grateful. The best part I haven't seen a big gain on the scale. With each small victory I feel so more empowered and confident in my ability to conquer this battle!! Let us all celebrate the small victories and not over look them for each small victory will still bring us to the ultimate goal.



No comments: