Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Good Morning!!

Happy Tuesday Everyone! The sun is shining and it is going to be a great day!! I started off this morning with one of my favorites, oatmeal!! I had bought some sunflower seed butter awhile back and hadn't had a chance to try it. This morning I had oatmeal, raisins and Sunbutter. Yummy! The butter made the oatmeal extra smooth. Loved it!!
Here is a recap from yesterday eats. For dinner last night I had a recipe called, Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts with Parmesan. When I heard brussel sprouts it turned me off immediately. But I am trying to be open to new experience right? So I bite the bullet and gave it a try. I used a sweet potato instead of a regular potato that the recipe called for. You roast the potato, garlic, brussel sprouts, olive oil and salt and pepper in a 400 degree oven for 30-40 minutes and then you add 1/2 cup of navy beans the last 15 minutes after cooked sprinkle on Parmesan cheese. I truly enjoyed it. The brussel sprouts were crispy from roasting in the oven. I would definitely have it again. Who would have know that I would eat Brussel Sprouts and enjoy then. My eye are begin to open with all the new possibilities around food. Very Exciting!!

Since I strength trained yesterday I brought my quick and easy snack to take with me. This one is always a favorite with mine. Soy nuts and raisins.



Last but not least yesterdays lunch, Artichoke and Tomato Panzella Salad. This was a hearty Italian Salad made with bread for an easy lunch. I have never really eaten Artichoke so another new food to try. This salad contained artichokes, cherry tomatoes, cannellini beans, 1 slice of whole-grain bread (toasted and cut into bite-sized pieces), green spring salad mix and lemon-flax vinaigrette dressing. It was so yummy! I just love that dressing it is so tasty. I thought the pieces of toast cut in the salad was a great touch. I didn't even really think I tasted the artichokes. Do they have much of a taste?
Yesterday was a great day for a lot of new eats!! I continue to enjoy this journey to great health and have some great new eats along the way. Can't beat that.


No comments: