Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Delicious Food!

I continued the day with eating leftover that are in the refrigerator. I decided on Apple, Fennel, and Pistachio Salad. This one of my favorites. I haven't been eating a lot of fruit so it was a great treat to have a nice red apple today. It also has a great dressing that I have to share.

I mix up this salad dressing and have it in the refrigerator to toss on any salad and I really enjoy it.
Universal Lemon-Flax Vinaigrette
1/4 cup lemon juice, (juice from 1 or 2 lemons)
1/4 cup flaxseed oil
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
Keep in fridge about seven days
Nutritional Info (2 tablespoons) 88 calories, 9g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 2g carbohydrates, 0g fiber, 0g protein
Give it a try it is a nice change from the bottled dressings.
Since I had strength training and cardio at the gym I brought my quick and easy snack. I always enjoy this one I just love the combo of soy nuts and raisins.



Tonight recipe was a new one. Since I had used all the beans in the refrigerator I was able to open a new can. I decided to use a can of cannellini beans. This recipe was called White Bean Chili. I thought it was going to be white in color but it just referred to the type of beans you used, instead of the typical kidney beans it was cannellini beans. This was quite tasty but it has a pretty nice heat to it. I guess it was the medium green salsa I bought to put in. It was good and it was a nice big bowl which I love. It suggested to serve a small whole-grain roll with it since i didn't have any I decided to crush a few whole wheat tortilla chips on top instead. A great meal to end the day.


No comments: