Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Yesterday Eats!!

A recap from yesterday. I continue to clean out the refrigerator and I feel good about not wasting any food. I had leftover arugula and white beans so I made a salad to take with me to have after my work out today. The salad had arugula, white beans, figs, walnuts, goat cheese and balsamic vinegar. Yummy!!
Trainer was impressed to see that I came in off the weekend holding steady. The scale at the gym said I was a little bit up I think .4 pounds but my scale said I was down a little. But I continue to remind myself that I am on the right course and the scale does not define my worth.
I had a great training session and I feel like I am getting stronger each week and am slowly returning to where I was before my surgery.

I forgot to take a picture of my snack today. I was bummed after I thought about it because I would have liked to have shown you. I had popcorn with nutritional yeast. When I get some time I will blog to you about it. It was my first time trying it and I am excited to experiment with using it.

Off to dinner. My all time favorite right now. The taco salad. So damn good!! I have a little bit of black beans left in the refrigerator but it is pretty close to being cleaned out. It feels so good. I cleaned out the freezer as well with stuff that has been in there SO long. I can now start fresh and really work on not wasting any more food.

Was a great day and I continue to work on being aware of my eating and thinking around food. It is a conscious thing that I really have to stay on top of. I think as time goes on it will get easier. This is another exciting journey.

1 comment:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Kathi, I'm in love with that salad! Darn, I was about to buy arugula at my produce store yesterday, but decided against it! It's on my list for next time.

I was introduced to nutritional yeast quite a few years ago when my little daughter had a milk protein allergy. That meant no cheese. Many of the soy cheeses had milk protein in them, also so we couldn't use those. Then I found nutrtional yeast! You can make great "cheesy" sauces with it and it's a hit as mac and cheese. As a matter of fact, there is a company called Road's End Organics that makes one geared toward kids called Mac and Chreeze. It's awesome! My kids still ask for it, even though little daughter has outgrown the allergy. Have fun with it!