Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!

Happy Mother's Day ! Hope everyone enjoys the day. The sun is shining and it looks like it is going to be a beautiful day! Gotta love that. I am up early this morning and was looking forward to giving this pancake recipe a try. It called for whole grain pancake mix. I found a mix from Bob's Red Mill when I was at Whole Foods last week. I followed the direction for the pancakes on the package but I thought it was SO thick not sure if that is how it was suppose to be. So I had a difficult spreading the batter out to make it a less thick pancake, by doing that I could have made them appear to be bigger. Oh well! They were still quite good but not sure if I would put them on the list to die for. I have another recipe that calls for the same mix and you add shredded zucchini to the batter so I am anxious to give that one a try. This recipe called for a 1/3 cup of the batter already prepared mixed with a 1/4 cup of corn. It made three small pancakes topped with 1/2 cup of mixed frozen berries thawed and 2 teaspoons of pure maple syrup.

Yesterday while I was making the cake for the boys I cooked up some lentils and black beans to have on hand. I haven't really experimented with lentils yet so I planned to have some for lunch in a recipe that I have and also another one this week. I am still mastering the cooking of the black beans from dry so I will have to see how this batch turned out. I would like to start doing this will all the beans that I have been eating you can't beat the price of dry beans. Does anyone know how cooked beans freeze?

Hope everyone has a great day! I look forward to sharing with you my wonderful new eats later!

No comments: