Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Day and a New Outlook!

Lets start off with recapping yesterday eats. I was eager to try this and it didn't disappoint. I had a few black bean burgers let so me and my daughter had them for lunch. It was the homemade bean burger. 1 tb BQ sauce, broccoli slaw mix with vinaigrette on Arnold thin bun. Yummy but quite mess to eat but well worth the effort.
Dinner was a Spicy Reuben sandwich. I never ate much sauerkraut so I was a little skeptical trying this but yet again I was pleasantly surprised. It was 3 ounce of tofu browned in a skillet with a little oil. Topped on whole wheat toast along with 3 Tb sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and a dressing ketchup, sweet relish, lite mayo and a little hot sauce. It was fabulous! Loved it!!

I decided to have this for dessert. I had a great talk with my girlfriend Gale. Love you Gale! We had a great talk about eating, dieting and just living a healthy life. I tend to make a lot of excuses and expectations around food that are not necessarily true. I needed to put this one to rest. My thinking is I can not have a serving of ice cream with out causing a HUGE binge to follow. So what better way to end it by just doing it. I had a 1/2 cup serving of ice cream and enjoyed every bite. Guess what? No big binge happened after. But I made the decision that it did not have to happen. I did take a slow relaxing walk last night. I did decided to have a 100 calorie bag of popcorn and a shake made with almond breeze, frozen strawberries and sugar free vanilla pudding for a evening snack. (thank for the idea Marissa)

This morning I decided to have Kashi waffles topped with 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries and 1 TB maple syrup.
I have decided to make the conscious decision to change my view on my weight, body and over all health. This is only a decision "I" can make for myself. In my discussion with Gale yesterday I had a lot of awareness how I approach weight, exercise and diet. So I decided on a new journey, live a healthy life. This does not have to include an obsession about how many calories I burn and counting every calorie that goes in my mouth. I have now decided that I am in maintenance mode. I can begin to enjoy food! Of course in a control conscious way but none the less in a sensible way. I am capable and I have to begin to believe in my abilities. I have been so blessed with reading people blogs that are doing this exact same thing and do it! It inspires me to do the same. I look forward to this new journey!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very happy to read that you are in a better place today! And the eats sound FAB!

Enjoy your weekend!