Sunday, May 3, 2009

Waffles with Figgie-Pear Sauce

Good Morning! Sorry I didn't blog yesterday. I broke my little camera and I am quite bummed about it. So I am now taking pictures with our big camera until I can get the little one looked at.

This morning I tried waffles with Figgie-Pear Sauce. The sauce added a sweet kick to healthy whole-grain waffles. The sauce could also be used on top of yogurt or oatmeal. I am liking the oatmeal idea. I did have difficulty getting the pears to get mushy so not sure if I should have used a different type of pear. I ended up threwing it in a little food processor to mush it up. It was cook and sweet and I could definitely taste the figs. Love figs!


The recipe called for a half of a pear and I still have some figs so I think Iwill cook up another batch of Figgie-Pear Sauce so that I can try it on oatmeal this week.

Today is going to be a beautiful day!! Finally. I didn't get any cardio in yesterday so I need to make sure I get some today. I did Strength Train leg yesterday with the girls it was nice to get back into the Saturday group again. I have lost some strength in my legs but I am looking forward to regaining it back with hard work.

My parents stop by for a short visit yesterday and we ended up driving out to Whole Foods. Did I say I LOVE that store? I could be in there all day. I always come out with some wonderful things to try. Yesterday was no different. I picked up nutritional yeast, peanut oil, sunbutter, whole wheat pancake mix, mochi, seitan and synergy. All very exciting things. Today I have to sit down and make a list of the eats for myself and my family this week and get the shopping done. Looks like it will be a busy day.

The weight and diet have been good this week. My goal for myself was to get through the weekend with out any cheats. Last night was difficult and I wanted to cave SO bad, but I didn't and I am so proud!! Today should be a good day as well since I have a busy day planned. I want so bad to come in the gym having a great weekend. Today's weight was good 150. So I am close to being in the 140's at home next week. Yesterday I was 154.2 at the gym which thrilled me. I think the lowest I was at the gym was 149.8. All and all I am so pleased with how things are going and I am enjoying all the wonderful things I have been able to try. Have some more exciting things to try today and I am eager to share them with you.

No comments: