Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Vanilla-Berry Smoothie

Happy Tuesday Morning! Looks like it is going to be another nice day before the rain comes in tomorrow. So have to make sure I enjoy the sunshine today.

I almost forgot to take a picture of my breakfast this morning. I still had a few 8 ounce bottles of Kefir in the refrigerator and since I am still not trying to waste food I thought I would find something to use it up. I found this smoothie recipe and thought I would have it for breakfast.



I am always a little hesitant about not having solid food for breakfast, worried that it will not keep me content so I am curious to see how this holds me. The smoothie had 12 ounces of Kefir, 3/4 cup of mix berries, honey and vanilla extract. It was pretty good haven't decided if Kefir is something I really enjoy but I gave it a try and now I know that I wouldn't put it up there with one of my all time favorites. I have about 12 more ounces of Kefir so I will probably be having this one more time to get that out of the refrigerator.
I train today at 2:30 so I have some time this morning. I think I am going to do a little house cleaning and do some more job searching. I really need to put that on the top of my list. Have one new recipe I will be trying for dinner. Lunch I will be using some of the fennel I bought so it doesn't go to waste. I am looking forward to that lunch because it was one that I really enjoy as well.
Enjoy this beautiful day!

No comments: