Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fruit and Nut Polenta


Polenta for breakfast? That is the same thing I thought but Oh I love polenta. It was almost like having cream of wheat I find it has the same consistency. You can't even seen the polenta in the picture since it was topped with delicious cherries and crushed hazelnuts and a drizzle of agave nectar. Love this one!! I just like the consistency of polenta could see this one again in the near future.
Well it is another gloomy rainy day. I am so tired of saying that. Where is the nice beautiful weather? Will we ever get any? SIGH...
Have strength training and cardio today at the gym. I did my seven mile walk outside yesterday . Have I said that seven miles is a damn long? But I was so proud of myself for pushing threw wanting to quite and finished it in one hour and 30 minutes. I look forward to just the 30 minutes of cardio today. Weight was good today and I am back to where I was last Friday. Sure feels good! I am looking forward to keeping it in control over the weekend and coming in on Monday down or at least the same. Would love to see what kind of weight loss I could get on this new program but I can't really judge it if I can't keep the cheating out. I will be on day four today of my fourteen day run I am attempting to do. I just have to get through the first weekend. I can do this!! It may be a little difficult because my parents are coming into town to see my niece and nephew in play at school. I am sure they will stop by here to visit. But I have all my meals planned for the rest of the week so I just need to follow the plan. I have two more exciting new meals to try today. I look forward to sharing them with you.

2 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Haha - I think polenta is in the air!!! I had some last night and saw some other bloggers were eating it, too! Yours sounds so yummy with the cherries and hazelnuts - what an awesome combo!

Thanks for your nice email, btw! Looking forward to getting to know you and learning from you, too!

Debi said...

You are doing great girl! I keep trying to tell myself that rain is good for the grass, trees & flowers but it is so dreary!!!

Have a great day & weekend!!!

HUGS