Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Monday!!

Oops have picture of dinner first!! I had a little bit of white beans and crushed tomatoes in the refrigerator so I made some white bean chili. It make such a nice big bowl of chili and it is So spicy love it! It always helps me get my water in. I crushed some whole wheat tortilla chips on top.
Since I was still working on getting things used up in the refrigerator I had edamame left to use up. I saw this recipe and since I had everything I thought I would give it a try. Isn't it pretty with the bright green of the edamame and the orange of the shredded carrots?

I have never eaten raw edamame only toasted for a snack but I am sure glad I gave them a try I really like them a lot!! The dressing was peanut butter, rice vinegar, sesame seed oil and crushed red pepper served in a whole wheat tortilla. I nice filling lunch.


Breakfast was one of my favorites. Barley, cranberries, walnuts and honey. Love it! I used up a lot of the leftover in the refrigerator today and that always makes me feeling good. I used up the barley, edamame, white beans and crushed tomatoes. I still have some of the tofu from last nights dinner to eat and bean burgers but I am doing great with eating what is in the refrigerator and not wasting. Gotta love that!
It was a beautiful day today. I had strength training in the morning and discovery a nice walking path very close to the gym, thanks to Kim, so I decided to go walk on the path instead of sitting in the gym and doing cardio. It was nice to be out doors and I think I even gotta little sunburn. I was able to walk 5.5 miles in one hour and 10 minutes. Great day of eating and exercising.
I picked up a few new book at the library and I will let you know if I read anything of interested to share.


3 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Kathi, just wanted to say thank you so much for your encouraging comment! I really appreciate it; you're the best!

love your food as always! I want to try your barley breakfast. I love barley, but have never thought to use it as a sweet "cereal". On my list of "must try"!

Hottest & cutest said...

So I am still a little afraid of edamame.. help me.. what should I use it in to start?

Pappy said...

Wow such a nice way to start a day and the week!! Thank you so much I will stop by more often...