Monday, May 11, 2009

Fresh New Week!!

Let's start off with some new eats that I had yesterday. I was eager to give the lentils a try for lunch. Although this was on the dry side it was quite good with the combination of lentils, shredded carrots and raisins. There was a lot of filling in the tortillas and it was quite difficult to eat but it was quite good and filling.
For dinner it was a Caribbean dish. I thought was quite beautiful. It had couscous, mango, green onions, different colors peppers and black beans. I felt like it didn't have quite enough flavor I didn't add any salt and maybe that would have helped. But I did enjoy looking at it.


I still had some barley in the refrigerator so I thought I would have a yummy bowl for breakfast. I really enjoy barley and just love the texture. Nice great way to start my week.
Now on to my confession. I had quite a few treats yesterday. I was disappointed in myself but I will not let that effect how I choose to have my day today. I was pleased that the scale wasn't as bad as I thought. We must all realize that we are human and we some times lose our way but we all can learn from the experience and start fresh. That is exactly what I am going to do. I can tell that TOM is right around the corner and that could have played it to the eating that occurred yesterday. I am planning a new line of attach this week, I am going to attempt to add a few more calories to my week. Now that I am at a good weight I would like to start playing with my calories a little bit. I am hoping that I will be able to maintain my weight and eat a little more calories. The last few weeks I have only been having four meals so this week I am going to add another meal of 150 calories. I am excited about experimenting and see what happens.
Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day yesterday and start off this new fresh week we have been given with a new outlook. I continue to remind myself that this is a journey not a destination.

2 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Ooh, lentils in a tortilla - that looks yummy!

Glad you're not beating yourself up over some treats yesterday. We GOTTA live a little, right?!

Looking forward to seeing how the addition of some calories works out. I'm thinking you'll be fine. When I reach goal at Weight Watchers, they will have me add an additional 4 POINTS to my daily allotment (which basically is around 200 calories) to help me maintain. Sounds like you'll be doing the same, so you should be ok.

Glad you found the lite tofu (after 6 stores!)lol! You sound just like me; when I get my mind on finding a particular food, I will search high and low til I find it! LOL!

CathyC said...

So appetizing, I love cooking-and eating ofcourse!!