Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A day filled with GREAT eats!!

As you can see by this picture it was steaming hot. This was really good and had a little kick to it. This one was called Beans and Rice with Red chili sauce. I had my daughter try it and she said it was quite good as well. I think my husband would like it minus the green peppers. He isn't a green pepper fan. This was another keeper and quick to prepare as well, got love that.

I had one package of tofu left so I thought I would cook it up for my daughter for lunch since she wasn't working today. She took a picture of the final product. Since I have already planned out my meals for the week I didn't have this one. She said it was great and we are adding it to the list of recipes that I need to get together for her to take off to college. (Note to self start getting this together). The tofu was seasoned with grated fresh ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, canola oil . It was cooked in the oven. The salad had romaine, cucumber, sliced almonds, Chinese noodles and a lite ginger vinaigrette. I will definitely be having this after I get to my "Happy" weight.

Since I had strength training and cardio I brought a quick snack to have after. This was 1/4 cup of soy nuts and 1 TB raisins. It was actually quite good the sweetness of the raisin help with the dullness of the soy nuts. This a great on the go snack. After my ST and cardio I ran to Trader Joe's (love that store). I had to pick up some Whole Grain Tortilla chips for the new recipe I was trying for dinner and of course a few other things, what can I say I can't help myself.



Tonight dinner was out of this world. Really it was SO good. My husband said he was turned him by all the sounds that were coming from me as I ate it!! LOL! I will definitely have this one again and again. Did I say I loved it? I have to share this recipe with you because you HAVE to give it a try. I can't wait to have it again. This recipe is from The Flexitarian Diet book.
Black Bean Taco Salad
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1 clove garlic, minced
dash of salt
3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1 tomato, chopped
10 whole-grain tortilla chips, crushed
1/4 avocado, chopped
Whisk together lime juice, oil, cumin, garlic and salt. Toss all ingredients together.
495 calories, 27g fat, 4g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 56g carbohydrates, 15g fiber, 15g protein.
I looked forward to some of you trying it and letting me know what you think. I SO loved it!!

No comments: