Saturday, April 18, 2009

Almond Butter

I was browsing blogs today and came across a recipe to make Almond Butter. I figure since I had everything in the house to make it and I was planning on buying some why not make my own. You roast the almonds in the oven for 15-20 minutes. I took a picture of the almonds once they came out of the oven. I had a try not eating them just like that.

You then put the almonds in a food processor until you they are grounded up very fine. It calls for a little oil to get the consistency you are looking for.

The picture is a little blurry but you get the idea of what the finished butter looks like.

I wasn't planning on this as my snack today but I just had to sample it. And it was quite tasty and I think it will be a good addition to put in my oatmeal, English muffins, waffle, pancakes... Just about anything you would put peanut butter on. I will definitely be making my own almond butter since it was so easy to do. I am continuing to do the Flexitarian diet today. I decided that for dinner tonight I would try Curried Quinoa Salad. Surprisingly I had everything in the house to make it. It looked so beautiful once it was complete.



I have to be honest I was a little worried about how this would be. I have never been a big fan of garbanzo beans and this recipe called for a whole cup. I am trying to keep myself open when it comes to food. It was quite good. I do believe I think I would have liked it much better with a 1/2 cup of the beans. But with the curry flavor, green onion and a little cranberries it was quite tasty. I would be open to eating it again.
I decided to go for a 4 mile walk this evening. I walked at a pretty good pace and was able to do the route in about 58 minutes. It felt good and I burned some calories too. I forgot to take a picture of my snack tonight but I had a 100 calories bag of microwave popcorn with Parmesan cheese. Can't remember the last time I ate popcorn. I have to admit I am still struggling with the whole carb thing but continue to stay open. I will be curious to see what my weight is in the morning. Hope it comes back down after the over indulgence I had on Friday.
This evening I sat down and planned out my eats for tomorrow. So I don't have to worry about what I am going to do. Day two of no meat and I have to admit it really hasn't been that difficult.




No comments: