Thursday, April 23, 2009

A day filled with New delicious eats!!

Does this lunch look beautiful? And I have to admit it was so delicious and I am not a big lover of tomatoes but I love roasting them in a little olive oil and brown sugar. They turn out so sweet and delicious. This wonderful lunch was roast tomatoes, fresh basil, 1 ounce of fresh mozzarella, pine nuts (which I forgot) and 2 TB of vinaigrette dressing put inside of a whole wheat ezikiel pita. I was hesitant to try this put I really enjoyed it.



I decided to take a quick and easy snack to take with me to have after my Strength training session. I packed an ounce of pistachios. I was afraid that it wasn't going to keep my full but I did OK and was ready to eat dinner when I got home. I did 30 minutes of cardio after my strength training and then stop on the store for milk and a few things before heading home. I was looking forward to my dinner meal.


I was very excited about trying tonights dinner. It was Polenta Pizza bake. You have to remember all the recipes in the Flexitarian Diet is for one person. So the the above picture is for one person. I was very excited about having to eat that whole thing. I love that you get plenty of food.


Polenta Pizza Bake
2 cups of water
1/2 cup polenta (medium-grind whole-grain cornmeal)
dash of salt and black pepper
cooking spray
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/2 cup vegetarian sausage-style crumbles (in frozen or produce department)
2 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup canned no-salt-added crushed tomatoes(not drained)
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
Bring water to a boil, and slowly sprinkle in polenta, salt and black pepper while whisking. Simmer and stir for about 15 minutes (until water is absorbed). Spray an 8-inch casserole dish with cooking spray; then spread polenta evenly on the bottom. Saute garlic, Italian seasoning, and vegetarian crumbles in oil for 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and vinegar, and bring to boil. Spoon tomato mixture on polenta, top with cheese. Broil until cheese is golden.
Some people might not like this because the polenta has the consistency of cream of wheat. I love that texture so I fully enjoyed it.
If I am hungry later I plan on trying Apple and Cranberry Skillet Crisp. If I don't get a chance to post a picture tonight I will do it tomorrow morning when I show you breakfast.
I had a great day of eats and am so proud of myself for bouncing right back from my episode yesterday. Now that is what I call progress. I was able to get in quite a bit of exercise today as well.



No comments: