Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Banana-Pecan Waffles

Good Tuesday Morning! It is a cold, rainy and gloomy day here today. Was hoping to do some outside walking today but doesn't look like that will happen. I strength train today at 2:30 so I will plan on doing maybe 45 minutes of cardio today. I was happy to see that the weight is coming back down. I love seeing this because it gives me reassurance for myself that I can regain myself after a slip up and move forward. I can do this!
I can not express how much I have grown the past year. I continue to learn so much about myself that is frightening. I am coming to realize for myself that I am capable of learning what works for me around food. I have always give that power away to others thinking that I am not capable to do it for myself. But I am beginning to learn that I can with the help of two great friends Gale and Micaela. I can't thank you both enough for opening my eyes to what I am capable of. Thank you! I feel like I am looking at another cross road on my ever winding road of my life and standing there trying to decided which way I will take. I feel as my confidence builds in myself that I will choose the road that will bring me great success and fulfillment in my life and that is pretty darn exciting. I am not quite sure if I am ready to take that first step but I know with the great support I have around me that I will take the step with confidence and pride knowing that anything is possible if you are willing to take the risk and possibility of failing. You must realize just because you fail at something does not mean you have not learned something valuable that will bring with a great awareness for yourself and possible opportunities for better things to come into your life. I am beginning to ask myself, Why NOT me? instead of good things can't come to me or won't come for me. Dare to Dream Big!!
Off to breakfast, I decided to try Banana-Pecan Waffles. I was worried that only 1 teaspoon of agave nectar was not going to be enough for two waffles. But with the sweetness of the banana and the crunch of the pecans it was perfect. It was so good! I loved every bite. The house is quiet and I am going to sit and make a list of things I want to accomplish today. Today is a great day for learning and growing and I am feel alive with the possibilities that lie with in me. Live for Today!!

1 comment:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Great post, Kathi!

Love the waffles =)