Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pumpkin-Spice Oatmeal with Hazelnuts

Good Morning! It is nice to see the sun out today and I think we are suppose to be in for some warmer nicer weather today! Finally! I was thinking about heading to the gym this morning but if it is nice enough maybe I will try my new walking route I want to try instead. Well this morning I tried a recipe for Pumpkin-Spice Oatmeal with Hazelnuts.

I nice big bowl of oatmeal something I truly love and it seems to keep me full for quite a while. So the recipe was:

1/2 cup skim milk or soy milk (I used almond breeze)
1/2 cup water
1/2 rolled oats
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon pie spice(apple or pumpkin)
1 tablespoon chopped hazlenuts
2 teaspoons agave nectar

It was pretty good. I am still adjusting to not wanting to add more sweetness but I am hoping with time it will get easier. Have all my meals planned out for the day and I am eager to try some of the new things I have planned for today.
The scale was quite nice to me this morning and it gives me some reassurance with adding all the carbs to my diet. I do think my trainer, Dick is interested also to see how this works out for me. He is so old school when it comes to the diet. He was giving me a hard time about it yesterday but I am going to stick my ground and see how this works for me. So far so good and I am truly enjoying it. I also think this will be good if I ever take on more clients that are vegetarian. If I have actually walked in there shoes what a true blessing for them and myself. I am keeping myself open to all kinds of possibilities.

No comments: