Friday, April 24, 2009

TGIF!

Happy Friday to Everyone! It is going to be a beautiful day and I am eager to get out and enjoy this day. I wanted to start off and show you what I had last night for a snack. It was apples, cranberries, maple syrup topped with toast oatmeal flakes. I think I browned the oatmeal too much but it was quite good and satisfied my sweet tooth.


This morning I tried a recipe that was made out of 1/2 small potato grated, 1/4 small onion chopped, 1 whole egg and 2 whites and Italian Seasonings along with a small orange. I thought I might want put ketchup on it but I decided not to, trying to keep with the clean eating. It was good and very filling. Another great recipe out of the book.
I came up with a new walking route last night and it should be a long one. There is a website that you can put in your route and it will tell the miles. SO COOL! Here is the link if you want to check it out http://www.mapmyrun.com/ I am enjoy using it. The new route I came up with is seven miles. The new one that I had been doing came out to be five miles. So I could add another two miles today. It is going to be such a nice day I should go out and enjoy it and do something great for my body at the same time. I would much rather do that than go to the gym and do a boring treadmill. Plus it does help to change things up.
The scale was great this morning. I am almost back to what I was before having the surgery. I am feeling great and I think people are curious about this new diet I am trying. I have to say again I am really enjoying and it has been fun experimenting with new foods and so far everything in the book has been quite tasty. I am very excited about the plans I have for eating today and can't wait to share with you.

1 comment:

The Spice Doc said...

Just stumbled upon your blog, fantastic what you've done, I like all your food archives. You should check out my blog on medicinal cooking, maybe you'll find it interesting:

www.thespicedoc.blogspot.com

Cheers!