Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Friday!!

Good Morning and Happy Friday!!

It is going to be another beautiful day here and I am hoping to get in another long walk this morning. I did an hour walk yesterday and it felt good. I trained leg with my trainer and did another 30 minutes on the treadmill yesterday. Still building back my strength in my legs from being out with the surgery but it is coming back. I have to admit it is difficult to have stepped backwards but I am eager to get back on top of my game.

My daughter and I tried the Tempeh yesterday and it was delicious. I was pleasantly surprised. I will definitely have it again. Anyone interested let me know and I can either give you Abby blog page or forward the recipe to you. Yesterday I did pretty good attempting to go meatless. The only meat yesterday was 2 ounces of chicken I had on my salad last night. And I wasn't hungry and very satisfied. Today I have planned out my food and it will be a meatless day. Curious to see how it goes.

This morning I started out with a banana pancake topped with PB2 a little drizzle of agave nectar and a handful of blueberries. So good!! I am going to listen to my body and see when I need to eat again. I may or may not have a snack before lunch. For lunch I am going to have some of the leftover Tempeh in a stir fry and a little Kashi rice. I am pretty excited to give that a try. And dinner I am having the Summer Kale salad with Balsamic Tofu that I cooked up yesterday. Sounds like a great day of eats. I will probably stick some snack in there but like I said I am going to listen to my body and eat when I am hungry.

The scale has been slowly heading in the right direction and I have been trying NOT to make that my focus right now. I want to go as clean as I can with my diet and just see what happens. This is a very new approach for me but I am excited about seeing how it goes. I continue to look at the Flexatarian Diet and I think I will start trying some of the recipes as soon as I get some of the leftovers eaten first. Trying not to waste. I have a problem of wanting to try new thing right away and ended up buying way to much stuff and then things get wasted and tossed. Trying not to do that anymore.

Not sure if I will head to the gym today or if I will only do my hour walk. I don't do any lifting on Friday so it is just about burning some calories today. I never got to any house cleaning so I MUST do some today.

I will attempt to take some pictures of my eats today and give you a peak at what I have been eating these days!!

No comments: