Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Yesterday Recap

Well yesterday was a extremely busy day and I made sure I was prepared for the day. I had strength training at 10:30 and I knew I was going to do 30 minutes of cardio after and then do all the grocery shopping before heading home. So I packed my lunch to take with me. This is a new one I tried it is so nice because it is easy and quick to prepare and was quite good. I am really finding that I really love beans. This recipe was called : White Bean and Pesto Pita

3/4 cup canned Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 TB prepared pesto
1 whole grain pita pocket, split in half

I like my beans warmed so I headed it up in the microwave and put it in the pita. Mmm good!! It was quite filling and I it was able to get all my shopping done and home to have my mid afternoon snack.


I decided to attempt the Broiled Banana with Walnuts. It doesn't look the most appetizing but it is so quick and simple and by broiling it it brings out the sweetness in the banana and the walnuts give it a nice little crunch. It didn't keep me satisfied long but it did take the edge off so that I could make a delicious and filling dinner.


Tonight's dinner I decided on trying Italian Spaghetti Squash. I have had spaghetti squash in the past and love it so when I saw this recipe I knew that I needed to give it a try, I was not disappointed. It was good an filling and it was my first time cooking with a leek. Very good and it was a enough to get through the evening with out need anything else to eat, gotta love that. All in all I had a great day of eats and was able to get right back in my game after my fall yesterday.

No comments: