Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Continuing to Grow!!

This morning I decided to have a bowl of oatmeal with a half a banana mushed in while cooking. I had a little difficulty with using the banana because I could have used it for some more ice cream!! But this was a creamy and delicious bowl of oats topped with some walnuts. Yummy!!
I had one last bean burger in the refrigerator so I made up a quick and easy lunch before heading out to get my hair done. Homemade bean burger with broccoli slaw that was mixed with some vinaigrette and topped with a little organic barbecue sauce. Quite delicious and it kept me full until about 2:30. I got done with my hair and then began my shopping. First of to Costco (love this store) pick up some delicious grapes, blueberries and sugar snap peas and stuff for the others members of the family. I opened the sugar snap peas in the car and munched on those while I finished the shopping.

I came home unloaded and put away the groceries. I cut up the cauliflower, began soaking some sunflower seed for my delicious hummus, washed the grapes and took them off the vines for easy eating. Ate a couple of those and then began making the chocolate chip cookies for my mother in law. I did lick the spoon and bowl but that was it. Not really that much of a cookie girl and I must admit the batter seemed a little too sweet for me. So I have the cookies and homemade pasta ready for her. I proceeded to make the boys there dinner. I cooked them up a pork tenderloin in an Asian type sauce. At this point it was almost 6:15 and I had no ideas what I was going to have. I have been reading Sarah blog Lovinmytummy and decided to make up a Huge Jass salad. Does it look good?
I can tell I am still continuing to grow with how I feel about food. This salad was good but I did have a little trouble telling myself it was OK to eat a whole avocado. But you know what? I did and I enjoyed every last bit of it.
Salad:
spinach, broccoli slaw, shredded carrots, broccoli, cucumber, whole avocado mashed, little organic barbecue sauce and a mock chicken patty cut up. It was this huge bowl and I enjoyed every last drop of it.
I am thinking of making up some tofu mousse later for my late night snack. Right now I am pretty content so I might just hold off until tomorrow. Will play that one by ear.
Tomorrow I plan on straightening up the house, since the neighbor will be coming over to let the dog out, don't want her to see how we "really" live. :) I will prepare all my meals that I plan on taking with me. Last night I wrote them all out and made sure I had everything I needed.
Hope the sun comes out and the weather is nice for our trip back home. I always look forward to going home although it tends to be a little stressful since both my parents and my husband parents live there.
All in all I had a great day!



No comments: