Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cloudy Day!

It wasn't a sunny day and it was much cooler today as well but it was still a great day! I started off breakfast with some polenta, cherries, hazelnuts and agave nectar. A great way to start the day. I did some running this morning to price some supplies I will need for my business and also exchanged some sock for my son. I also starting picking up stuff that he will need to head off to college. He will be staying in the dorm and my daughter is renting an apartment so they will be both being need some different stuff. When I think about it, I only have about four week to get it together. I have to admit that got me a little anxious. But I am going to sit down and make a plan and get it done.
Since we are going to Michigan on Friday I thought I better attempt to get rid of stuff that is sitting in the refrigerator. I had a little container of pinto beans so I made some tacos. Yummy. This time I decided to keep them whole instead of mashing them and they really hit the spot. I mixed a little salsa and sour cream. A great and satisfying lunch.

I trained at 2:30 and after training I had a some soy nuts and raisin. I did 30 minutes of cardio and came home to make dinner for the boys. I prepared them a flank steak roll. Hubby butterflied the flanks steak and pounded it down. I spread it with a mixture of sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, horseradish and pepper. Rolled it up and tied it with kitchen rope. I browned it in a little oil on a pan and then stuck it in the oven until it reached a temperature of 150 degrees. Hubby it was good. They had baked potatoes and broccoli along side.

I had some tempeh in the refrigerator and some broccoli slaw so make this delicious salad. This is one of my favorites. I cooked up 2 ounces of dry wheat pasta. I heated up 2 tsp of peanut oil in a pan and added garlic, one lime juiced, 2 ounces tempeh and a dash of salt. I cooked it about 5 minutes and then I added the broccoli slaw and cooked another 3 minutes. I put it on topped of the noodles and finished off with slice green onions and 1 tablespoon of peanuts. It is so good and the little crunch of the broccoli slaw and taste of lime makes this a great dish.

I haven't had this yet but it has been on my mind all day and I am looking forward to sitting down and enjoying it. SO good!!
I think I will sit and make a list of the eats I plan on having in Michigan. It always makes me feel a little better going with a plan.
No big plans for tomorrow. I have to get my hair done at 12:15 but that is it. Hopefully I can make the pasta and cookies for my mother-in-law. Every time I go up to visit her I bring her these and I know she looks forward to them. I just love seeing the joy in her eyes it makes it so worth doing.





2 comments:

Hottest & cutest said...

Looks like a great day! and a great evening- sundae evening - LOL! Hope you get everyrhing done MIL will appreciate- have a good time Michigan!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll sort things out.

Good luck and bets wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt