Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Recap!

I have been a little out of sorts from getting from Michigan but I am trying to get back in the swing of things and that includes my eating. I was far from perfect while on vacation and I could tell it, I felt crappy for a good two days after. I saw these at the store the other day and since I love a sale I picked them up to give them a try. They were pretty good.
I put them in a delicious salad so I couldn't really taste them but the texture was similar to chicken and I guess that's all that mattered in a salad. I have been doing some reading of other people blogs and have been doing a little experimenting with Raw Eating. As you can see my lunch was pretty raw except the "fake" meat. I have had some interest in doing some "juicing" as well.

Here is my first attempt. I was at Bed, Bath and Beyond and had a 20% off coupon. I just couldn't help myself and bought a juicer everyone has been talking about online, Breville. Of course I am a little kid in a toy store and got home and couldn't wait to use it. So I wait until this afternoon snack to make my "first" juice. I ran to the store for Fuji apples and a lemon. First juice had celery, Kale, Fuji apple, ginger and lemon. It was really good and you got a lot of juice. I am excited about experimenting with juicing.


The thought of just throwing the pulp away didn't sit well with me. So I put some in a bowl with a little agave nectar and cinnamon. It was OK. I think next time I will remember to take the pulp out of just the celery and the apple. I saw that Sarah over at Lovinmytummy did it and she said it was pretty good. Now I just have to remember.
The book I have been reading is called "The Raw Food Detox Diet". I just love experimenting with new ideas and see how my body reacts to it. This also helps me from getting bored and stuck in the same old thing. I am not saying that I plan on doing a Raw Diet forever but right now it interests me so I am going to go with it.

No comments: