Sunday, July 19, 2009

Summer time Eats!!

Decided on a protein shake for a snack. I scoop up Pro-Complex with 1 cup of almond breeze. It tasted pretty good but unfortunately it didn't keep me full long. I had the shake about 10:15 and started getting hungry around 11:45. So while I prepared lunch I finished of this.
Sweet and delicious watermelon. One of the many wonderful things about summer. The watermelon is now gone and I can start enjoying the fresh raspberries and blueberries I bought from the farmers market yesterday.

Remember these from this morning? Well I put them on skewers and grilled them up along with a veggie burger that I bought from Costco.

I nice portion of pattypans and a veggie burger for lunch. The burger was delicious all alone and I didn't even think in required a bun. Wish I would have kept the original container because I don't remember the nutritional value of these.

The recipe that I found for the patty pans was pretty good.
Grilled Pattypans
6 cups pattypan squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1/4 cup apricot spreadable fruit (I used orange marmalade since that is all I had)
2 teaspoon hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
Place squash in a grill wok or basket coated with nonstick cooking spray. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn squash; grill 3-5 minutes longer or until tender.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Transfer the squash to a serving bowl; add sauce and toss gently. Serve immediately.
Nutrition facts: 3/4 cup equals 54 calories, trace fat, trace cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 12g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 1g protein.
I think I probably didn't have quite enough squash and probably should have reduced the sauce recipe but it was still a nice treat.
I will have to check and see what kind of veggie burgers these were that I bought at Costco next time. But they were quite delicious and if I recall I think they were only around 170 calories.
It has been a great day and I have enjoy being home. I am now going to head out to pick up a few new rugs the ones I had the rubber backing is crumbling and they need to be tossed.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! I have been eye up the spaghetti squash on the kitchen table and decided that is going to be dinner. It is Sunday and if you remember it is spaghetti on Sundays. I made the boys there homemade pasta but it will be spaghetti squash for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you have realised you are a more capable Lady than perhaps you realised before, as it will make a big difference in some respects, to the way you treat yourself in the future.

You certainly deserve to be happy, and deserve to feel fulfilled and completely at ease, and at one with yourself, rather than still thinking something is missing, when it's been there all the time.

I'm sure in time, you will become the complete person you want to be.

You ARE worth it, and you do have a right to feel 100% happy within yourself.

Take care, best wishes and GOOD LUCK.

:-) :-).

Matt