Sunday, July 19, 2009

Beauty All Around!!

Good Morning! It is a fabulous and sunny morning. I was out doors this morning and was taken back by how often I over look all the beauty around me. With the worries of life I have had a tendency to overlook all that truly remarkable things around me. I saw this beautiful rose in my own back yard today how many more roses had that rose bush produced this year that I have overlooked? Not today I saw it with all is beauty.
Can you see it? Look very closely... Yes, yes finally!! I have been going out every morning hoping and hoping that it would soon arrive and it did today! My first little green tomato in all its glory. I am thrilled!

I have never had any luck growing much and this is an all time first for me and I am very exciting. I have attempt in the past but have never been very successful. This tomato plant was very small when we started and it huge and full of blossoms. I am eager to use my "own" grown tomatoes for all kinds of wonderful eats. Now to wait until it gets big and red... How long do I have to wait? Do I sound like a little kid? I feel like one and I am loving it!! Speaking of fresh home grown... Look what I found at the farmers market yesterday....
Can you guess what it is? They were SO cute I just couldn't resist and I had remembered reading about them in a magazine so when I saw them I knew they were going home with me. Have you figured it out yet?

It is called a pattypan squash. When you think of summer squash you normally think of zucchini but there are others and patty pan is one of them, with their pretty scalloped edges and rounded shape, these small, light-green, white and yellow squash have a nuttier, lighter flavor than zucchini. Like other summer squash, pattypans do not have to be peeled. The whole squash is edible. This squash is extremely quick to fix and can be prepared in a variety of tasty ways. You can grill or saute them, bake or mash them for creamy casseroles and side dishes; or hollow them out, fill and bake them for delicious appetizers.
Pattypans are roughly 95 percent water, so they have a modes amount of nutrients. But they are a good source of vitamin C, fiber, potassium and magnesium. And they're also very low in calories and fat.
I found a recipe for a grilled pattypan that I am thinking of having for lunch or maybe dinner. I look forward to sharing with you how they are.
As for breakfast I decided to have these delicious pancakes! If you haven't tried these you have to! They`are quick, easy and SO good.
Peanut Butter and Banana Pancakes
1/3 cup quick oatmeal
2 egg whites
1/2 banana smashed
1 teaspoon baking powder
vanilla and cinnamon to taste
Mix all it together and pour into a warm skillet sprayed with cooking spray. Cook 3 minutes or until bubbly on to and then flip and cook another minute.
Nutritional info: (before peanut butter and toppings)
194 calories, 2g fat, 34g carbohydrates, 12g protein
Smear with 1 tablespoon peanut butter add a few berries and drizzle with agave nectar.
This morning I put 2 tablespoons of PB2 and agave nectar. (no fruit) going to have that for mid-morning snack. Speaking of mid-morning snack it is time for that. YAH!!
Hope you all notice the beauty around you today!!
Thank you all for the wonderful words yesterday they all touched me deeply and inspire me to be my very best and know that I AM good enough!

No comments: