Sunday, July 12, 2009

Detoxing or Food Poisoning?

Thought I would start of with a recap of yesterday. I woke up early and decided to run to another Farmers Market before I met up with Diane to do some leg training at the gym. I was still so full from the night before I decided to skip attempting to eat anything. The Farmers Market was Fabulous! I didn't have a lot of cash so I just bought a few things but I am excited about go again this Saturday. I ran into a women I use to work with years ago and it was wonderful catching up with her. We plan on meeting at the Farmers Market again next week. I ended up buying Fresh Organic Kale, blueberries and Green Lettuce. After my training session I headed home and finally felt like having something. I made a nice glass of juice.
While browsing on the Internet I snack the rest of these. I had a few Raw donut holes while I made my husband and son there dinner.
I decided to begin using up some of the stuff in the refrigerator and had a big salad for dinner: fresh romaine, yellow pepper, cucumber, green onion, broccoli, mashed avocado and a veggie burger cut up that I bought at Costco. It was and OK salad and the stomach started to up soon after I finished eating this. It was too bad just a lot of grumbling. Hubby and I sat down to watch a movie and I made myself a bowl of banana ice cream and raw chocolate sauce. I was able to get threw the movie and then the stomach got bad. I ended going up stair to bed and hit the bathroom every few minutes most of the night. It was awful! Can't remember the last time that has happened to me. I am assuming it was some kind of food poisoning but of course I want to say it was my body getting rid of all the horrible toxins I have in my body.

This morning I have only used the bathroom once so I think I am feeling some what better. Stomach still isn't quite right but have felt a little more like eating today. I had some wonderful use about 9:30 and ate the apple and celery pulp with a little agave and cinnamon. Ate three raw donut holes.
Snack on some fresh blueberries from the Farmers Market while I started prepping the boys dinner for tonight. It is Sunday and it is Pasta night. That always includes a home made batch of these....
Fresh homemade Pasta for dinner. My son loves it and this batch will probably not even see the rest of the night. I wish I could convert them to a little wheat but they just won't budge on that.
I plan on keep the food light today and see how my stomach is. Plan on making up some chocolate mousse with the rest of the tofu i have in the refrigerator and trying Gena, at Choosing Raw, recipe for "Raw Whipped Cream" thought it would be a nice added touch on top of the mousse. Thinking about having Collard wraps for dinner.
Some one had asked for the recipe for the "Raw" Beanless Zucchini Hummus
3 raw zucchinis, peeled and chopped
6 tsp lemon juice
4 cloves garlic
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
2 pinches cayenne pepper
1/2 cup raw Tahini
1 cup sesame or sunflower seeds, soaked
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzle
Fresh parsley, minced for garnish
Place all ingredients, except oil and parsley, into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth or to desired consistency. Drizzle with oil and garnish with parsley. Complement it with crudites, raw flax crackers or whole-grain pita bread. You can also spread it on sandwiches or mix it with salad.
I might have to try this recipe in my salad.






1 comment:

BBingR.N. said...

Thanks for the recipe - I will try it for sure! I've got zucchini growing in my garden and I expect an overabundance of it in a month or so. Sorry to hear about your tummy troubles - hope you're back on the mend.