Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Yeseterday Recap!!

I some of my favorite eats yesterday. I had planned on having something different for lunch but I was hungry for a salad instead so I made this spinach salad and it was perfect. Spinach, pumpkin seeds, avocado, dried apricots and vinaigrette dressing. Perfect lunch.

When I was at the store last week I had found lite silken tofu and was excited about making up a batch of tofu mousse. The best part is that I was able to eat the whole package of tofu since it was 30 calories per serving and it contained 4 servings. I nice big bowl of mousse for a snack now that is living. Love the texture of this one. Note to self make sure you look for more lite tofu.
I had some mushrooms in the refrigerator that needed to eaten so I made Sage-Mushroom Barley with Parmesan. Now I have never ever been a lover of mushrooms but I think I might be converted. I really enjoyed the texture of the mushroom and maybe it is because i haven't had meat in almost two month but this one is a great meal. And I love the texture of barley.
You have to try this one.
3/4 cup cooked barley
1/2 cup mushrooms
1/2 chopped onion
1 clove garlic
2 tsp oil
1 cup chopped spinach
2 TB Parmesan
1/2 cup navy beans
saute the onion, mushroom and garlic in the oil for about 5 minutes. Add the beans, rice and spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted and the beans and rice a warmed up. Top with Parmesan. Very filling !
I was able to do 30 minutes on the elliptical yesterday with out to much difficulty. I am continuing to ice the knee and take ibuprofen. I still continue to have pain but I do feel it is starting to get maybe a little bit better. It felt so good to be able to have a nice sweat and it is just good for my mental outlook on things.
I am heading over to the health department this morning to get the application to take the sanitation course I need to get my sanitation card. This will help me move forward with my personal chef business. I am excited, anxious and all those other feeling that we get when we entered the unknown. But I am optimistic.
Weight is going back down to my "happy" weight which is very exciting.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your course, and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt