Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Empowered and feeling great!!!

I woke up this morning and the last banana looked like it needed to be eaten. So I decided to have some oatmeal with banana and some walnuts on top. Nice start to my day and used the banana so it didn't get wasted.
I have been craving salads lately and decided to have another today for lunch. This is one of my favorites. It has 3 chopped figs, walnuts, goat cheese, white beans and lettuce drizzled with balsamic vinegar. I heated up the beans an little before I placed it on the lettuce and it help melted the goat cheese. Yummy! Love it!

Has a great strength training session today and my weight is holding steady which continue to help realize that I can keep this under control and the more I know that I can the less pressure I put on myself to be perfect and so strict with my eating. Which is truly liberating! Per Matt's suggestion I did 30 minutes on the bike today. Knee felt good and is even feeling a little better tonight. I know it is weird but always feel like the bike is so much harder than the other equipment maybe because I don't have very strong legs and when you are on a bike it is all about the legs. I got a nice sweat and it felt great to put cardio back into my work out. I thought I wasn't going to eat a snack and I was going to just wait until dinner but I got home from working out and was feeling hungry so I decided to have my soy nuts and raisins that I had put in my gym bag.


I had almost forgot about this sandwich and when I was planning my meals for this week I saw this recipe and remembered how much I loved it! It was a great dinner and I also finished up the watermelon that I had cut up today. I think I ate the whole baby watermelon. But I love watermelon and I thought better of having watermelon then some other else.
Today was a good day and I did sign up for the Safety and Sanitation class today. I will be taking that on Tuesdays and Thursday starting next week. It only goes for two weeks from 9-330. Will have to figure out some arrangement with my personal trainer to get my session in since I train with him on Tuesday and Thursday at 230. I am sure we can work something out. I feel so good about making step forward to doing something that I truly enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope the course goes well for you Kathi. It's an obvious step to a great new challenge in your life, but I know it's one I feel, you are going to give 100% to, and that what you give will come from a truly great place.

One polite thing I would say right now is, perhaps be a little sparing with Watermelon, as it can be quite rich in calories, and also quite high GI, so you don't necessarily want too high an impact on Bloodsugar too often.

Though if it was just a now and again thing, I don't perceive any problems in that respect.

Good luck with everything you're doing, and if you're still looking for ideas for a business name, or you'd like ideas for business Cards, etc etc, please let me know, and I'll see if I can find time, to get a few ideas down for you.

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt