Monday, June 29, 2009

Good Evening!!

As you can see by my post that I didn't take any picture of my eats today but I had to take a picture of this! Doesn't it look like the most delicious things you have ever seen? And you know what? It isn't ice cream or frozen yogurt. That's right. I saw Sarah and Gena post about this and when I saw it I knew that I would be giving this one a try. I think I am in love!
It was FABULOUS! I loved every morsel of it and didn't feel guilty one little bit. So you ask what is this bowl of delight? It is a banana... Yep that is right a sweet delicious frozen banana.
I froze two bananas earlier today when I saw this recipe and was looking forward to giving it a try. I threw the frozen banana in my food processor and let it go for about five minutes. I did have to add a little water but it came out fabulous. Gena also gave a recipe for the delicious chocolate syrup. 2 tablespoons of agave nectar and one tablespoon of cocoa powder.
Seriously this is so good. I split the banana ice cream and syrup in half and plan on enjoying the other half tomorrow. I guess when I see the marked down bananas at the store I can pick them up and freeze them for this delicious treat. Give it a try you WON'T be disappointed.
I had a good day today! Eating went well. I had a hummus stuffed pita with cucumbers for lunch, soy nuts and raisins for a snack and then dinner was just kind of what every you can find since I just didn't feel like cooking anything. I had some carrots with hummus, left over Kale salad and a "meatless" sausage I had made a few days ago. When I make the sausages again I will take some photos. So all in all I think I had a pretty good day. I can't tell you how at peace I am beginning to feel around my eating. I don't remember the last time I have felt that way if I every have. I am not sure if it has been reading all the wonderful blogs that inspire me or just the fact that I was ready for it to happen. I guess it doesn't really matter. I am ready to beginning focus on some other wonderful things coming in to my life.
Keep growing and learning what a wonderful things!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, a Meatless Sausage. Presumably then you bought some Sausage skin to make your own Sausages, and just ate that :-p :-p :-p.

I'm glad you're feeling happier about certain things. You deserve to.

Take care and best wishes. You are always a true shining light, and you should never stop being proud of the person you are.

:-) :-).

Matt

gale said...

I love the look of the frozen banana treat, I can only imagine how good it tastes! Yum!