Monday, February 23, 2009

Post-op Day 5

Well yesterday was day 5 from surgery. I continue to make progress. Still have pain in the hip areas and the one drain is still draining quite a bit. I see the doctor this afternoon so I will find out what will happen with the drains today. I am hopeful at least one drain will come out. They are just really inconvenient. I have them pinned to my compression short so they hang down. I was describing it like having testicles! I did also have a little bleeding coming from the drain sites.
I have only been taking pain medicine before bed so I have been able to wean myself of that nicely. I will take a pain medicine before heading to the doctor today to prepare for removal of drains which is not a wonderful experience.
I got on the scale today and although it wasn't great it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. I have some work to do. Although I haven't done terrible it has been the snacking that has hurt me and some thing I will begin to work on.
I am doing well and look forward to seeing what progress I will make this week.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Hey Girl! You did it! Sorry it's taken me so long to check in, but I just did a run down on the last few days and you are doing great! That's a huge ordeal you went through. Congrats and hang in there.

Roxanne

Linda said...

I'm just catching up on your blog. I hope you have a speedy recovery and I wish you all of the best. Hugs and prayers!