Saturday, February 21, 2009

Post-Op Day 2

Getting a chance this morning to reflect on second day of recovery. It is the small things that I have to be aware of to show me that I am making progress. I have noticed that I am able to stand up a little straighter, was able to walk around the house and I was able to lay on my right side last night when I was sleeping. All signs that I am moving forward.
The doctor visit went well yesterday and I was able to see the incisions for the first time. Still a lot of swelling and brusing so it was difficult to get an idea of how it will truly look. I was hoping that aleast one drain would be pulled yesterday but no go. Looks like I will have them through the weekend and have an appointment with the doctor again on Monday. The left drain is still draining quite a bit about 75cc this morning. They don't like to pull the drain until it is less than 30cc so I guess we will see what the next few days are like. And remind myself that I need to take it easy.
I had emotions come up yesterday that I was not prepared for. I started question why I did this and how stupid I was to attempt it. I am sure these are all normal feeling but it took me off guard. I also began to question how I would react if it didn't come out the way that I invisioned it to. It was a lot to process and I want to thank my friend Gale for being there for me yesterday. Her support was priceless and she is a true blessing in my life.
I got up and washed my hair in the sink by myself today I couldn't stand it any longer. Can't take a shower until the drains come out so maybe we can do some kind of sponge bath today just to feel like a human again. You don't realize how much you miss nice clean water on your body when you don't have it.
Gale has talked about stopping by for a visit today which will be SO nice. I am starting to get a little stir crazy and the thought of sitting another day... Well I didn't do this surgery to have my butt get flat for goodness sakes!!
Will attempt to do a video blog today so you guys can see me! Probably take another set of pictures at one week. post-op,

No comments: