Sunday, February 22, 2009

Post-Op Day 3

Had a pretty good day yesterday. Pain is becoming much better. Still pain in the hip area but I was able to wait all day until about 5:00 pm before I took a pain pill and I didn't have to take one in the night. So looks like I moving a head nicely. I texted my doctor yesterday and asked him if I could take a shower and he said yes! So Paul helped me take a shower last night the only difficult part was dealing with those damn drains. Theyare sutured to the skin so to have them just them hanging would be too painful. So we tied a piece of material around my neck and had them hanging from it. Should have taken a picture of that! Some times you have to get creative to get what you want. But it felt good to get washed up and now I feel human again.
I am up early this morning, 6:30 and I want to get back into a groove with my eating. I have been far from perfect and it is starting to wear on me. So I plan on getting back on my eating plan and schedule. I am feeling pretty good this morning so I will make and eat my eggs at 7:00. Also am starting to get stir crazy which is a nother good sign. Who knew that just in a few short days that I would start feeling like myself again. I guess it is a testimate to a healthy and strong body that I know have. It is amazing to see it first hand what you can do with your body and how well it responds. Here is to a strong healthy body!! Now I am off to eat my egg whites!

No comments: