Sunday, August 23, 2009

Clean Eating

I was required to send my online trainer some current photos. This picture was taken this morning. I don't look to bad but still have work to do, considering I was a 270 pounds women at one time I really can't complain to much.
Around 10:00 I had my mid morning snack. Almond butter with an apple. I have not had fruit in over a month and let me tell you this was heaven. I truly missed fruit and it gave me such comfort knowing that I was doing my body good.

Before heading out to get the weeks worth of groceries I finally decided to give this a try. It make sound weird but I really love it. And you ask what is this? It is a tuna pancake.

3 ounces of tuna, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 2 egg whites and some Italian seasoning. I cooked it up in a non-stick frying plan and topped it with organic no-sugar ketchup. I think I found another favorite. It was quite delicious and very low cal. Gotta love that!

Hubby and I went out and did the grocery shopping. I have been missing this wonderful snack and couldn't wait to pick up the ingredient to have it this afternoon. After putting the groceries away, cutting up the lettuce and broccoli and preparing the Kale Salad for dinner. I sat out on the front porch to enjoy my silken tofu mousse with fresh raspberries. The raspberries were fabulous and the mousse was thick and full of chocolate flavor. A great and satisfying snack.
I can't recall the last time I had pasta and I was looking forward to having it for tonights dinner. I made some great tasting turkey meatballs and whole wheat pasta. I enjoy every single bite.

Along with the pasta I made up some delicious Kale Salad. This is a great summer salad full of flavor. This salad has Kale, cranberries, dried apples, red onion, green onion and a dressing made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
I was very pleased with my eats today and continue to focus on feeding my body healthy "clean" food. I am attempting to leave my obsession over the scale behind. I am not quite there yet but I think it will continue to get better once I leave my trainer who hounds me about my weight each and every time I see him. I am looking forward to having that stress removed from my life.

3 comments:

CathyC said...

Wow you look great-you have come a long way!I am happy for you! I would like to post a picture of me but I have no guts!!!! I had pasta yesterday too and pizza....back on track this week though!!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

You look great!!

Anonymous said...

You don't have to worry about anything. You do realise you are a 44 year old woman, that looks like you're mid to late 30's.

That's a sign of just how magnificently you have done on your journey so far, and how proud of yourself you can be.

You look "youthfully mature" and in some of your other photos, you can see how much you have such a warm and positive smile, and it makes me happy to see someone like you, having plenty to smile about these days. You deserve it.

Keep up the hard work, and don't worry about not being able to do certain things. You can do anything you want to do, because you are such an accomplished person who is stronger and more capable than ever before.

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt