Thursday, August 12, 2010

Goodbye Skinny Pants!

I have mixed emotions about sharing this with you but I figure if I am going to grow and learn that why not.
I always pick out my clothes the night before so that I am less stress in the morning. I do get up at 4:30 and head to the gym, come home shower, get ready, eat breakfast and head out the door by a little after 7:00. So this does help me.
I picked out my outfit and when I went to put on the pants they did not fit well at all. In the past this would have sent me for a loop with crying and beating myself. But this morning was different. I took them off got another pair that fit and started my day. I had to remind myself that those pants fit me at a weight that may not necessarily but a good weight for me. I have to continue to trust myself and my body to know what that it is. It may not be a weight or size that I like but one that will be doable that I can live with.
I continue to learn to trust and believe it myself and I know with each day I will become stronger and more self confident by doing so. I truly have come a long way!
Keep believe in yourself!

Have you tried on clothes that once fit and now are to small? How did you react? Have you come to peace with your body?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have come such along way Kathi, it is not a truly unbelievable thing and whatever you wish to do, to make yourself a happier positive person, it will be what you know to be the right thing.

You should never ever stop being proud of the results that YOU were able to get with YOUR hard work and YOUR effort, no matter who taught you what, they gave you understnading, but they could never give the heart amnd courage to work hard and make the end results happen.

You have turned yourself into a more beautiful, healthy Lady and a very, very good rolemodel to others and that should never be underestimated or forgotten.

GOOD LUCK doing everything you wish to do, you are a lovely person and your family are lucky to have in their lives.

:-) :-).

Matt

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

What a great revelation, Kathi! You should feel so proud about how far you are coming with the emotional aspect of dealing with weight and your body. You look fantastic and you should be at peace with it!

Anonymous said...

When I try on clothes that feel snug when I step back and look, they aren't really. They actually fit. If my 4's seem tighter than that's not necessarily a bad thing I guess.

I just clean up my eating and add some harder intensity workouts. That's what i'm doing now and feel great!