Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Happy Hump Day!

Hope everyone was enjoying "hump" day today. We are half way through the week! I woke up before my alarm this morning: 4:06 am. I get up around 4:20 and hit the gym for 5:00. It may sounds horrible to some but I have gotten use to it and I do enjoy getting my work out done early. Plus it starts out the day right. Today I had a great chest work out and did 30 laps in the pool. Sounds good does it? Little did I tell you I swim one length of the pool and back and then I rest for a minute and repeat. It is kind of like a HIIT in the pool. I have such great admiration for swimmers that do it for a sport. Just doing the one length and back I am winded. I am really enjoying the pool and it gives my knee a rest from all the pounding it get on the treadmill.

I came home and took my shower. When I came downstairs to dry my hair I found this wonderful note on the counter....


Put a smile on my face and made the day so much brighter! Did I say I have a great husband? He has seen me and my worst and at my best and still loves me deeply.

I finished getting ready and remember I had something in the refrigerator waiting for me for breakfast? Did you guess what it was? I bet you thought it was over night oats? Well I guess it kind of is. Look at this beauty.

I found this recipe over at Katie blog.

It is fabulous! I love it SO much. I never thought I would like tofu in oatmeal but it makes it so creamy and delicious and it make a TON and I am all about volume. This is one of my new loves right now.

After finishing this beautiful bowl of goodness I packed up my lunch and water and headed to work but not before leave a little something behind for someone special....


I work a part time job and although the job isn't challenge and some time quite boring the owner and his brother are the best. They are wonderful people and it is a joy to work for them. They have truly taught me a lot about not worrying so much. I work for a small courier office and it is just the owner, his brother and me in the office. We have been waiting for a shipment of a product to come in they said it would be here Tuesday or Wednesday. And of course what shows up when it is just me in the office? Yep you got it the shipment. So I put my hard hat on started up the forklift and unloaded the truck. Wish I could have gotten a picture of that to put on the blog. I truly have come a long way. I would never thought in a million years that I would be driving a fork lift. It is quite fun though...


After finishing up the day... I only work until 12:30. I stopped at the store and pick up things for a dinner I am making for friends on Saturday. I got home around 2:30 and was ready to eat.

I had seen this delicious thing on Heathers Blog and new it was time to give it a try. I just happen to have these in the freezer
I had gotten this recipe from Gina's blog and had use them to make manicotti awhile back and froze the rest for another day. Today was the perfect day.

Since they frozen I pulled them in a plan to defrost and melt the chocolate peanut butter. Oh glorious chocolate peanut butter...


Then I added the banana. I was drooling just watching this come alive and of course having a few finger lick from the chocolate peanut butter jar....

Made two and sprinkle with a little bit of cinnamon.

Can you see the chocolate and banana goodness? It was out of this world and really hit the spot for the sweetness I was looking for. After this I moved on the preparing to for tonight dinner: Fish Taco's. In my wildest dreams would I think that I would remote like these but I made them for the husband and I a few weeks back and we both really enjoyed them. So I prepared to marinade the fish until dinner.

Marinade included: 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and 1/8 teaspoon salt. It says to marinade for 5 minutes but I like to let it sit longer. I tossed that in the refrigerator and decided to make one more thing before sitting down to blog.
Can you guess what it might be? I guess you will have to wait and see. I will be back later to reveal the mystery.









No comments: