Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fish Tacos!

I was a busy little beaver this afternoon and before I knew it was dinner time. Hubby was at a meeting tonight so I was eating solo. So it took me a little longer to get things together for the meal. I first prepared this wonderful sauce to spread on the tortilla for my fish tacos.
This is SO good. It is 2 tablespoons light sour cream, 2 tablespoons avocado, dash of cumin, chili powder, salt and 1/2 teaspoon of lime juice.

I cooked the fish on the grill 5 minutes on one side then carefully flip and then cook another 3 minutes. I also threw the corn tortillas on for about 1 minute on the grill.


Add your fish, shredded cabbage and tomato. It doesn't need anything it is perfect just like this



Can you say Delicious! Light and delicious. Along with the fish taco I made this delicious salad.




I saw it on Tina's blog awhile back and this is the second time I have made it. The flavor combination is so different and I really didn't think I would like it but it is quite tasty. The recipe is from Real Simple It is a combination of shredded apples, carrots, raisins ,cumin, cilantro. Check it out. After I cleaned up dinner, I had soaked a bag of pinto beans during the day today so I threw them in the crock pot with an onion and will cook them over night. We have friends coming for dinner this weekend and I thought I would serve up some beans with our Mexican meal.
After that it was time to figure out what to bring to work for lunch tomorrow. I search in the refrigerator and came up with this.

Do the whole wheat noodles look familiar? I told you hubby wasn't going to eat them. And since there is no "white" pasta to go with the chili it doesn't look like that will get eaten either. So it was a perfect lunch for tomorrow.
Hopefully this will be enough to keep me full until I get home. I have noticed some time I don't quite back enough to keep me full and that is not a good thing when I get home. I think you know what I mean.
Remember I told you I was going to tell you what I was making in the pot on the stove? Well it isn't quite ready for unveiling so you will have to wait until tomorrow.
Off to make some protein ice cream. I will share this with you tomorrow.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad things are going well for you.

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt